Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday



Sometimes just deciding what to eat can be a challenge.I look forward to eating my old favorites, but I do like to add some variety to my menu too.  Today was a mixture of both.  Breakfast and lunch are typical, but I stepped out of my routine for dinner.


I always eat  breakfast.  As they say, it is the most important meal of the day and I believe it!!  I am a fan of peanut butter and eat some everyday.  I spread some on a toasted english muffin and top one half with raspberry jelly and the other with spun honey.  By eating it open faced, I can eat more peanut butter and I don't have to choose between honey or jelly.  I can have them both!  This can be messy, but it is very filling and keeps me full for hours.
Lunch is usually a 1/2 cup of yogurt with some fruit or a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  (Did I tell you I like peanut butter?) I only know it's a half cup because that the size of the container. Today I'm eating these awesome fresh raspberries I found at the market.  I never started eating yogurt until about a year ago when I tried the Cabot vanilla flavored Greek yogurt.  It is just the right consistency and the flavor is perfect.
Dinner is very exciting, it is a homemade rice bowl.  The bowl is layered with lettuce, fresh spinach, jacked up pinto beansbrown rice,fresh tomatoes, guacamole and cilantro.

Guacamole is another new food for me. (I didn't used to eat avocados either) My husband makes the best guacamole and I could eat it everyday.  When we first started  making it we didn't know how to keep it from turning brown, so we made ourselves eat an entire avocado each time we cut one. Now I have learned how to keep it green, so I don't stuff myself, and I get to eat some the next day too.  I put it in a plastic container and place plastic wrap directly over (touching) the top layer and then seal it with the container lid. As long as I can keep the air out, it stays green.  All in all it was a good food day!


Do you eat the same food everyday or do you like to mix it up?