Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Asian Noodle Salad


I am totally addicted to this salad I just started making.  I tried it last week and ate almost the whole thing over a three day period.  I made it again tonight and now my family loves it too, so I see I will have to make it again soon as there are only two servings left and one of those is going to work with me tomorrow.  

My sister has been telling me about this salad for years now as it is one of her favorites. I just never really was that interested - what was wrong with me?  It sounded like an odd combination and crunchy ramen noodles sounded weird to me.  Crazy weird - It just all works perfectly together and I can't get enough!
Crumbled Ramen Noodles

It is very easy to put together and that's another reason I like it.  You combine a bag of broccoli slaw, the one with the carrots and red cabbage, chopped green onions, almonds and crumbled Ramen noodles in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl combine the sugar, vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce, seasoning packet from the ramen noodles and salt and pepper to taste.  This is the dressing.  Pour it on the salad right before serving and toss to mix.   


The Ramen noodles are crunchy when you first make the salad, but by the next day, they have softened up because of the salad dressing, but taste just as good.  I like to top this salad with crispy rice noodles right before eating and that makes even the leftovers crunchy. Go make this now!! You won't regret it.


Asian Noodle Salad
Serves 6
1 bag broccoli slaw (12 oz)
5 green onions, chopped
1 - 3oz pkg Ramen noodles (chicken) 
1/2 cup slivered almonds
3 Tablespoons cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar (I use rice wine vinegar)
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/3 cup olive oil
dash of soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
crispy rice noodles for topping


Do you have a favorite salad or salad place?



6 comments:

  1. This salad is soo good! You want to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom makes a version of this. I think its pretty much the same thing but I think its a little different. It is good and I could eat the whole batch in one sitting if i'm not careful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make this salad!!!! I got the recipe years ago from my cousin who can't cook, it's the only thing she doesn't mess up. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks awesome - I need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one of my favorite things to make - even I can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this recipe. Toast the almonds and ramen and it's even better. Use the broiler and a cookie sheet and make sure to monitor it closely!

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?