Monday, November 29, 2010

Family, Food & Fun

Turkey, Indian, Chef
Pilgrims




Thanksgiving week was filled with family food and fun.  All of my children were home from college for the holiday. Thanksgiving morning started with a 5K Turkey Trot in downtown Orlando.  We decided to run in costume this year and ended up with two pilgrims, a turkey, an Indian and a chef.  The Trot was fun, although crowded. We planned on finishing all at the same time for a good photo finish, until my daughter, Caroline, decided she would bolt ahead at the very end to beat us all.  She has done this to me once before and she fooled me again!  Of course, she thought she was very clever. 

This is an event that has become a family tradition and on a day of feasting, it makes you feel good to get some exercise in.  We spent the rest of day, cooking then eating a delicious meal.  Thanksgiving food is some of my favorite - I love stuffing the most.  Our menu included: turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green beans, spinach-broccoli casserole, homemade yeast rolls and pumpkin dump cake. There was a lot of food!


It's hard to believe that I woke up hungry the next morning, but I am glad I did.  We headed to keke's, a local cafe, for breakfast. 
This time of year they serve pumpkin pancakes with cinnamon butter.  Mmmm!  Everything we ate was excellent! They have the best home-fries too.

Pumpkin Pancake

Florida Pancakes

Greek Omelet

Scrambler

We headed to the bowling lanes next.  I can't remember the last time I hit the lanes and you could tell.  It took all I had to earn a score of 99.  My forearm was tired and I was a little sore the next day.

We spent the remainder of the weekend playing board games, Guitar Hero and hanging out.
I was sad to see it all end. I am so thankful for my family!

Callie, Daisy and Marbles
Even our cats got into the holiday spirit !

On a side note...the Running Chic's hoodie I won from Run, Fat Girl, Run arrived in the mail today!!
I cannot tell you how cute it is and how much I love it.  I got this great little tote too.  It made my day!

4 comments:

  1. i never considered going in costume, I totally love it!! I might steal this next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. all the breakfast looks amazing, and LOVE the pilgrim getups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the coolest Thanksgiving weekend EVER!!
    I love the family running together ... and admit that I giggled that your daughter pulled out to take the lead at the end. I would totally have done the same thing!

    And bowling?? FUN! I used to be a very serious bowler, then just suddenly gave it up. Sadly, I haven't even touched my bowling balls in almost 2 years!

    And the cinnamon butter? Never had it --- but I am intrigued! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GREAT costumes. I am going to try Kekes this weekend. I have never been there and it looks great. I ways make it to First Watch. I LOVE that place.

    Kevin
    http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?