Saturday, September 22, 2012

Preparing for Tower of Terror




Disney's Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10 miler  will be here in 1 week on September 29, 2012!

This is a new race for me and a re-styled format from what it used to be years ago.  The race begins at 10pm and includes a Disney Villains Bash in Disney Hollywood Studies until 4am!  I got a chance to experience a park after closing during the Expedition Everest run last year - very fun! I am most looking forward to riding the Rockin Roller Coaster without having to wait in a long line!

I should be prepared for this distance because my long runs have grown to 13 miles.  (I am currently training for the Goofy in January. That's when you run the half marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday).   During the week I am doing 3 runs of 30-45 min.  Not that much running considering the distance I am training for. The hardest part will be starting that late at night.  I am a morning runner and don't usually stay up too late at night.  I'm not sure what kind of race I'll run, I'll just have to see how I feel at race time. I will never turn  down a PR, but because I am training for distance, I haven't been too speedy lately.

The only other challenge will be deciding what to wear.  I can only hope the temperatures cool off a little by then, but I won't make my final decision until closer to the day.

Disney knows how to put on a race and a party so I am looking forward to a fun time!




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?