Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Fluffernutter Brownies


Being away for the weekend, has left me feeling rushed with the hours just zipping by.  So much to do and so little time.  While I am trying to get caught up and write my race recap from the weekend I am going to leave you with this sensational idea to jazz up your brownies.

Oh yes, these are as delicious as they sound!

Fluffernutter is a famous sandwich and now it has come to brownies!  My husband complained last week that he was forced to settle for a glass of chocolate milk for dessert two nights in a row and  needed a REAL dessert.  Brownies are a favorite and would be quick to make, but I wanted something more than just a regular brownie.  


Before putting the brownies in the oven I decided to add peanut butter right into the unbaked mixture.  But I got an even better idea and decided to add marshmallow fluff in too.  Using a large spoon I dropped alternating scoops of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff across the pan. I only did a section of the brownies because I did not tell dessert man I was doing this and wasn't sure he would be interested.



I then took a knife and swirled the scoops into the brownie mixture until it was nicely marbled.
I cooked the brownies according to the package directions and...VOILA!  A masterpiece emerged.
Okay, maybe not a masterpiece, but a darn good brownie that I could not get enough of.  This section of the pan was a hit with dessert man too who is not a big marshmallow fan.  There is something about it with peanut butter that makes it irresistible.



I wish I had made the entire pan into fluffernutter brownies!

Fluffernutter Brownies
Brownie mix or recipe
Peanut Butter (I use Jiff)
Marshmallow Fluff

Make your brownies according to package or recipe directions and spread into prepared pan.  Using a large spoon, alternate dropping heaping scoops of peanut butter and marshmallow on top of mixture.  Use your judgement on how much based on your preference.  I wish I had used more peanut butter on mine. (Admittedly I have a peanut butter problem).
Using a knife, make circle eight motions through the toppings to swirl throughout the brownie base.
Use package or recipe directions for baking temperatures and times.

Keeps well, if hidden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?