Monday, July 12, 2010

My New Bike




Ever since I rode my mountain bike (the kind with the comfy seat and fat tires) in a triathlon, I have wanted to upgrade to a bike that would be better suited for speed as well has sturdy enough to cruise the neighborhood and run errands.  Well my wish came true...I found the perfect bike!

A big thank you to the wonderful staff at The Cycling Hub in Clermont.  They asked me questions about what kind of riding I would be doing, measured me for the right size frame and took my body size into account to fit me with the perfect bike, because one size does not fit all when it come to bikes. Going to a bike shop was a smart decision and I highly recommend it.  Buying a bike is an investment and you want to make an informed decision. The bike shop I chose also offers great follow up service and repair.  In fact I need to have them teach me how to fix a flat before I have one!

I am now hitting the road on a blue Trek 7.2 FX!!!  It is awesome.  I live in a great area for biking and have been out many times trying to build my stamina.  I have found a route with a hill that covers about 15 miles. It has been  great to have another option for my cardio workout.  Each time I ride, I like it more - I might be getting hooked.  Some friends have given me "biker" tips to improve my form and performance...I am learning a lot and loving every minute!

If you have any advice for me as I venture into the world of biking, I'd love to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?